- The second of two National Signing Days in Football was this past Wednesday. Dixie State University hit San Diego aggressively, signing nine current or former San Diego players.
- 2018 Helix DB Isaac Taylor-Stuart committed to and signed with USC.
- USC offered 2019 Madison RB Kenan Christon.
- 2018 Point Loma DB Malik Moore committed to and signed with BYU.
- 2018 El Camino LB Rocky Katoanga committed to and signed with Washington State.
- Boise State offered 2019 Point Loma ATH JL Skinner.
- Rancho Buena Vista pulled off the upset of the season to-date last weekend as ’20 SG Jack Bailey hit a three-pointer at the buzzer to take down #4 San Marcos.
RBV with a 58-56 win over San Marcos with 2020 SG Jack Bailey burying a last second three to win. pic.twitter.com/hBMDjUAhCo
— RBV Boys Hoops (@RbvHoops) February 7, 2018
- Five former San Diego Football standouts were invited to the 2018 NFL Combine in Indianapolis.
- RB – Royce Freeman – Imperial HS – Oregon
- WR – Darren Carrington – Horizon HS – Utah
- OL – Scott Quessenberry – La Costa Canyon HS – UCLA
- LB – Fred Warner – Mission Hills HS – BYU
- CB – Quenton Meeks – Del Norte HS – Stanford