- 2018 Mission Hills WR Chris Olave picked up an offer from UCLA. He also hosted in-home visits with coaches from UCLA, Utah, and Ohio State.
- 2018 San Marcos WR Kyle Philips cancelled his official visit to Michigan, who had offered a few weeks back, and announced his plans to sign with UCLA when the Official Signing Period begins.
- 2018 Helix CB Isaac Taylor-Stuart listed his finals six schools: USC, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma. He also hosted Alabama for an in-home visit.
- 2018 Lincoln RB Kenyon Sims decommitted from Utah, and picked up an offer from Wyoming.
- 2018 El Camino RB Chris Brown committed to Cal following his official visit last weekend.
- 2018 Madison DE Demanuel Talauati announced his commitment to San Jose State. He’ll join former Warhawk Terrell Carter ’17 with the Spartans.
- 2018 Madison DE Cesar Nillaga took an official visit to the University of Pennsylvania and was offered by the Quakers.
- 2018 Valhalla DE Joshua McNish-Heider announced his commitment to Azusa-Pacific.
- 2018 Rancho Bernardo K Matt Araiza picked up offers from UMass and Montana.
- 2018 Madison LB Chris Fatilua took an official visit to Colorado State.
— Chris Fatilua (@chrisfatilua43) December 11, 2017
- Santa Clara HC Herb Sendek visited Mission Bay HS to see 2019 guard Rejean “Boogie” Ellis.
- 2019 Foothills Christian wing Derrick Carter-Hollinger picked up an offer from Montana.
It was a very successful week for the remaining High School Football Teams in San Diego.
- Helix got it started with a 28-13 win @ Oaks Christian. The Highlanders picked off three passes, including a pick-six from future-Aztec Rashad Scott to begin the 2nd half. They advanced to the D1-AA State Championship this next weekend on the campus of Sacramento State. They’ll take on undefeated Folsom HS, who in 2014 started their season with a 55-10 win over Cathedral Catholic, and ended it in the State Title with a 68-7 victory over Oceanside.
- El Camino had their game moved from Friday to Saturday, and then had it moved to San Clemente HS due to the ongoing wild fires in Northern San Diego County. The Wildcats battled Crenshaw, but came up short with a 13-10 loss.
- Steele Canyon traveled to Anaheim to play El Modena HS and kept the season going with a 28-26 victory. They will host Half Moon Bay HS (14-0) in the D3-A State Title this coming Saturday. As of now the game is to be played at Steele Canyon High School, but could be moved to a bigger venue within San Diego.
- Monte Vista headed north to face Katella HS in the D5-A Regional Championship and got out to an early 35-7 lead. Unfortunately they allowed 29 consecutive points and had their season ended with a 36-35 loss.
- Southwest El Centro hosted San Joaquin Memorial of Fresno in the D4-A Regional Championship. SJM made the six and a half hour drive to the Imperial Valley and came up short. Southwest EC won 31-28 to extend their perfect season and will play on Saturday for a State Championship. They’ll be hosting Milpitas High School (13-1) from the San Jose Area.
- Vincent Memorial started quickly and had lots of success in their game against Huntington Park, winning 40-18. They advanced to the D6-A State Championship and will be hosting Galileo High School of San Francisco this upcoming Saturday night at Calexico High School.
- Vista (5-1) won the West Hills Tournament over Mater Dei Catholic, 63-52, avenging a loss to them earlier in the tournament. Dartmouth-signee Taurus Samuels was named MVP.
- Torrey Pines (5-0) won the Coast News Classic over La Jolla Country Day, 67-55. Senior Point Guard Finn Sullivan was named MVP with 25 points in the Final.
- Poway (4-1) secured an early season upset by defeating San Marcos 57-47 in the Championship of the Game On Challenge. Senior Guard Zach Reiter was named MVP.
- Mount Miguel (6-0) defeated Bonita Vista, 88-72, to win the Baron/Matador Classic.
- La Jolla (4-1) defeated Otay Ranch, 59-48, to win the Hilltop Tournament.
- 2014 Helix grad Jalen Davis was named a 1st Team All-American by Walter Football.
- The Pac-12 Football 2nd-Team included WR Darren Carrington (Horizon/Utah), RB Royce Freeman (Imperial/Oregon), CB Quenton Meeks (Del Norte/Stanford), and P Jake Bailey (Santa Fe Christian/Stanford)
- 2010 La Costa Canyon grad Kenny Stills was named the Miami Dolphins nominee for the Walter Payton Man of the Year.
- 1976 Kearny grad Alan Trammell was selected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame, after spending many years on the ballot.
- 2003 Helix grad Reggie Bush was on the sidelines for the Helix Football State Playoff Game.
Spotted Reggie Bush at the Helix/Oaks Christian playoff game.
He's been giving tips to Helix players and cheering in huddles – definitely very invested in his alma mater. pic.twitter.com/lyxHIsdtzW
— Keely Eure (@keelyismyname) December 9, 2017
- 1990 Lincoln grad Terrell Davis, a Pro Football Hall of Famer, made a return visit to the Hive.
The Torrey Pines Holiday Classic (Dec. 26-30) announced their brackets and daily schedules. 21 teams from San Diego will compete with other national teams across five divisions. Info here.