- September 22nd: Helix @ St. Augustine; The preseason top-ranked Highlanders will be well tested by week four, traveling for their first true road game of the season. Former Saintsman Isaac Taylor-Stuart will be making his much anticipated return to Mesa College as a member of Helix. His former teammates and the Saints Pit will definitely have this game circled on the schedule.
- November 3rd: El Camino @ Oceanside; The Wildcats have not beaten their “rival” Oceanside Pirates for the City Championship since the ’10-’11 season. Is this the year that Christopher Brown and crew get it done?
- November 3rd: San Marcos @ Mission Hills; This years version of the annual “Discovery Bowl” figures to be a high scoring one. There will be no lack of future college talent on display, featuring Utah commit Jack Tuttle, Navy commit Samuel Dixon, uncommitted wide receiver Chris Olave, UCLA commit Kyle Philips, and San Diego State commit Josh Bornes.
- September 1st: Orange Lutheran @ Cathedral Catholic; The reigning CIF State Champions come into the season riding a 15-game winning streak. They’ll face a stiff test in the opener traveling to perennial Nor-Cal Power (Loomis) Del Oro HS, who also appeared in last season CIF State Title, falling to San Clemente HS. When they return home for the Honor Bowl they’ll be pitted against an Orange Lutheran team with big expectations led by c/o 2019 standouts Ryan Hilinski, Ethan Rae, and Kyle Ford.
- October 6th: Cathedral Catholic @ Madison; Both teams come into the season as reigning CIF State Champions but will have to replace numerous impact players on both sides of the ball. Madison lost to the Dons last season to end the regular season, before running off five wins in a row en route to the California State Title.
BONUS: September 2nd: IMG Academy (FL.) vs. Corona Centennial (@ Cathedral Catholic HS, 7:30pm)– A rematch of last years thriller, when IMG took down Centennial 50-49 in an epic game. Centennial returns their tall, strong-armed QB Tanner McKee, who was a 2017 Elite 11 Finalist. IMG though features the most talented roster in the country, and it might not even be close. The Ascenders feature 23 college commits, and have at least six more that have several Power-5 offers but have yet to commit. Their defensive line alone features commits to Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia Tech, Arizona, and Georgia. Their quarterback, Artur Sitkowski, is committed to Miami, where he will pair up with teammate Brian Hightower next season. Their senior running back, TJ Pledger, an Oklahoma commit, is joined in the backfield by juniors Trey Sanders (Alabama commit) and Noah Cain, who has offers LSU, Miami, Michigan, Nebraska, and Ohio State among others.