- 2019 Carlsbad ATH Asa Turner committed to Washington.
- 2019 Lincoln DB Don Chapman committed to Colorado.
- 2019 Santa Fe Christian P/K Jack Bosman committed to Yale.
- 2019 Mission Bay PG Boogie Ellis picked up offers from Oregon and NC State. Ellis had an excellent week playing for the Oakland Soldiers at the annual Peach Jam in South Carolina.
Not many guys have boosted their stock this week more than ESPN 100 guard Boogie Ellis. Consistently making plays, hitting perimeter shots. Most of the PAC-12 heavily involved, Georgia Tech in the mix. Duke has begun watching him a bit the last couple days, too. #PeachJam
— Jeff Borzello (@jeffborzello) July 14, 2018
- Three of San Diego’s best rising senior baseball players were named to the Perfect Game All-American Classic, showcasing the best high school baseball players in the country. The game will be held at Petco Park on Sunday, August 12th.
- 2019 LHP/1B Spencer Jones of La Costa Canyon.
- 2019 RHP/3B Derek Diamond of Ramona.
- 2019 1B/OF Garrett Frechette of Cathedral Catholic.
- 2019 Francis Parker punter/kicker Ryan Sanborn, who also plays quarterback for the Lancers, was named to the 2019 Army All-American Game in San Antonio.
- 2011 Torrey Pines grad Michael Kim picked up his first career win on the PGA Tour, shooting 27-under and winning by 8 shots at the John Deere Classic.
- 2015 Madison grad Imani Abdullah, who was drafted by the Dodgers in the 11th round out of high school, has retired from professional baseball. Abdullah struggled with injuries during his minor league career.
- 2012 Torrey Pines grad Luc Rennie, who was drafted by the Orioles in the 16th round out of high school, has signed with the New York Mets. Rennie had been pitching in the Independent League the past three seasons, posting excellent numbers this season.
- I’m excited to be pairing up with San Diego Prep Insider to host a podcast starting very soon.
We are very excited to announce that Bodie DeSilva aka @SDPreps will be joining SD Prep Insider to head up our new podcast channel with a focus on long form interviews with the biggest athletes, coaches and influencers in San Diego high school sports. Please give him a follow! pic.twitter.com/3SXbZcV7TO
— FoxSportsSDPI (@SDPrepInsider) July 8, 2018
- Long time California High School writer/historian Mark Tennis has released a new book covering great stories about high school football in California.
— Bodie DeSilva (@SDPreps) July 14, 2018